Friday, November 18, 2005

the post with no title

ok i concede. these pgce's are really quite hard. after a weeks teaching im exhausted (at that on a half timetable). and i probably shouldnt even mention how many times this week i've thought about jacking it in. that said some of my lessons went really well (even got quite a few 'goods' on my lesson observation forms from my mentor). but it is the weekend now so no more talking about school.

apart from that our rocky has some family to stay so there are now two little things with sharp claws to greet us in the morning ( and of course twice the amount of poo) . Thankfully one the relative a smaller sister going by the posh name of lady montegue by her previous owner is bound manchester way to lisa's mum's house this weekend. so although it's only a flying visit you might be able to catch us this weekend if any of you are missing us too much.

there was another significant event to my week. the latest robert jordan book came out- book 11 in his wheel of time series and thankfully the penultamate book. the series has taken about a decade to get this far. he's the type of author who thinks why use 1 word when 20 will do. but the whole thing is addictive no matter how long it is. am i right deirdre?

4 comments:

Jamie, Julie-Ann, Emily, Joel and Seth said...

After nearly 6 yeras we are realising that teaching does get easier. Keep it up, it may all be worth the hard work one day.
we have been thinking about you this week, I (JA) have a student in my school and she brings you to mind daily, (not because you are a girl but because of her learning curve) as she asks questions and wills herself to keep going. So, Keep going Steve!

Pete said...

Hey, long time no speak - I'm ok, living it up in the fast lane life of motor insurance. I've got your blog now, so I'll be around.

erdreid said...

Holy cow, you are SO RIGHT> I've finished it though - already. He'd better not die before the last one is finished, that's all I can say!

Have you read any Robin Hobb? Have I asked you that before? a new one on that front too... and - whilst I'm at it, did I tell you i'm addicted to Settlers?

Anonymous said...

I just read the first Jordan "Wheel of time" book, it was ok, nice to pass the time. Do they get better? I've read better.

I too love Settlers, althugh I like Risk better...more killing.

Reading "rumours" by Yancy, thats good.

Post a Comment